Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Fat Shaming Celebs

I remember being bullied for my weight as a kid, and I'm sure it's happened to most people. Whether you were shamed for being too thin, or more commonly for being fat, it's something we can relate to. But the average person is not the only one to experience this. Celebrities deal with it too, if not more so because they are constantly in the public eye. Lately it's happened to a few major stars who've had great responses to those shaming them.

Three female singers were attacked over their weight in recent weeks, and they all fired back in their own way:

Kelly Clarkson - was shamed for her weight by Chris Wallace, a Fox News host, when he made an appearance on The Mike Gallagher Show. When Gallagher made a remark about her 'blowing up', Wallace responded with "she could stay off the deep dish pizza for a while." Kelly took a calm approach to her critics (mind you, this isn't the first time she's been publicly shamed). She typically doesn't respond, or like when Katie Hopkins (a British personality) taunted her weight gain, Kelly simply said
"I don't have a clue what you're talking about," she said. "Someone Tweeted something nasty about me?...I'm awesome! It doesn't bother me. It's a free world. Say what you will."
And what's so wrong with pizza? I don't care how fat or thin or fit you are, everyone loves pizza and should eat it! I will never remove pizza from my diet.


P!nk - as photos began circulating of her from the John Wayne 2015 Odyssey Ball, people took to the internet to make comments regarding Pink's weight. Twitter was full of nasty remarks about her body, even though she looks healthy.

The woman's not as young as she was when she broke the scene, and now has a daughter, what are you expecting? People and their bodies change over time. Instead of fighting back, Pink posted a classy response to the haters.
“I can see that some of you are concerned about me from your comments about my weight," she wrote. "You’re referring to the pictures of me from last night’s cancer benefit that I attended to support my dead friend Dr. Maggie DiNome...But unfortunately, my weight seems much more important to some of you," she added. "While I admit that the dress didn’t photograph as well as it did in my kitchen, I will also admit that I felt very pretty. In fact, I feel beautiful. So, my good and concerned peoples, please don’t worry about my. I’m not worried about me. And I’m not worried about you either:)…I am perfectly fine, perfectly happy, and my healthy, voluptuous and crazy strong body is having some much deserved time off. Thanks for your concern. Love, cheesecake.” 
 

Britney Spears -  while performing one of her shows during her run in Las Vegas, Britney had a heckler in the crowd. They must have been pretty close to the stage that she heard the unknown person yell "fat bitch" as she had her back to the crowd during one of her songs. The pop princess responded back into her microphone with "fucking asshole." The comment doesn't throw off her game, and she continues through the show as though nothing had happened. According to other people in the audience that night, there was someone shouting insults at her all night––and when tickets are $200 a pop, who has the audacity to spend that money just to heckle the leading lady?

I guess it's as they say, haters gonna hate.

 


Way to go ladies! Don't let others bring you down. All that matters is your own opinion and how you feel about yourself. So whatever you do, do it for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment